We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Uninstall McAfee security

Graham*
Resolved

Likes # 0

My friend is going to drop off a new laptop for me to prepare for Christmas day (for his 10 year old daughter). First I will try to uninstall McAfee security. I gather I will need to download the uninstaller from McAfee, but I don't expect it will be that simple. Any previous experience, please?

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Don't worry it works a treat,just download it ad run it as per instructions here

Don't forget to use add / remove first

Like this post  
kdt

Likes # 0

After uninstalling through add/remove programmes it might be advisable to run MCPR.exe McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool...document ID:TS100507 READ article TS101107 good luck

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Woolwell yet again an excellent link.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

Thanks all, no doubt others will find this useful over Christmas.

It is sad that manufacturers and others should inflict such pernicious and unwanted software on their customers. I look forward to someone saying 'Buy this! No unwanted or trial programs!'

Like this post
Belatucadrus

Likes # 0

It may also be worth running PC Decrapifier

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

Thanks again, McAfee now gone.

Another 'free trial' popped up as soon as I put a disc in the drive - Roxio Creator. That has now bit the dust also.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Glad that you are sorted,the last thing you want on Christmas day is a problem with the shiny new laptop. We once bought my daughter a guitar for Christmas, and my father in law wanted a try. He promptly broke a string DISASTER!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 launch event live: Windows 9 launch live blog - find out first as the new Windows is...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK