We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Toshiba Satellite L755

Sandyums

Likes # 0

My Laptop is only 4 months old, but the follow keys are not working.? Z and arrows keys. Know its still under warranty. just wondered if anyone else had same problems thereby strengthing my case.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Check the language setting (Regional & Language) in the windows Control panel. It’s possible some configuration setting has changed and you now have, for example a Chinese keyboard set. Chinese keyboard are AZERJE instead of QWERT.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

There is a program for download called SHARPKEYS 3.0 which is a registry hack for remapping keys if you want to give it a try enter link description here I have never used it so can't advise but if you decide to use it I would advise you either create a restore point before installing or backup the registry.

First try pressing the fn key + Num Lock key together.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

If you are 100% sure that there has not been any spillage etc and if the above replies don't help then all you can do is try a "factory restore" but back up your data first. A factory restore puts it all back to as new condition. If it's still faulty then you have a hardware issue and need to claim under warranty.

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

It is not uncommon for laptop keyboards to fail, the very worst for this to happen with in my experience were the Sony Vaio K series, but it happens to them all, which is probably not all that surprising since there are only 3 large and a few more very much smaller, mostly Taiwanese laptop builders, who manufacture in mainland China, and all of which buy component parts from common component sources

Laptop keyboard replacement is very easily done it normally involves un-clipping the hinge bezel at the back of the keyboard then removing 2 or three small securing screws tilting the keyboard forward and release the clamp securing the ribbon cable connection to the mother board connector then reversing this process to fit a new one

Most of the larger brands have downloadable service manuals to guide you through this process

Cheers HC

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good