We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Speakers stop working (randomly) Then they pop...

chaslocke1994
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hello,

I have a very irritating problem with my computer speakers. I will explain what happens; I come home from work, and they will not be working! I switch the dial on, the light glows green and I can hear the speakers are all connected and working fine if i turn the volume up high (can hear slight static). Then all of a sudden, when using my headphones instead (speakers still powered on) they pop around 5-6 times (probably the number of speakers there are) then they work again.

They do this randomly as I haven't been doing anything significant over the times it has happened.

I have checked all connections, on the sub box, and in the back of my pc. All is well there.

My setup is;

Creative 5.1 surround sound system asus motherboard amd cpu

I hope someone can help!

Thanks very much in advance!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Maybe try connecting each individual speaker, one at a time, to an external music output, and have a good listen to each one. This will tell you if the speakers ar ok.If you hear any distortion or no sound at all, then, that speaker must be faulty.That's what I would do for starters.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

chaslocke1994 - you may have connected to the wrong 'Speakers' Forum ;o)

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

This would have been better posted in help room but I think your problem is the electronics in your sub failing, nothing you can do about it because it will cost more to fix than buying a new set up.

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

chaslocke1994 if you need more help you'll have to come back on, otherwise let us know how you got on. Success?

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

Oh xxxx! Wrong forum. See here

Like this post
chaslocke1994

Likes # 0

The problem still persists! Sorry about the misunderstanding with the forum business! Really not with it recently ha!

It would certainly make sense with the internals unfortunately. My father is an electrician so maybe he could crack open the sub and test a few components but we'll see! Thank you for all your help ladies and gents :)

Best Regards, Chas Locke

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to the Hleproom from Speakers Corner.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014