We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

All Mixed up -How confusing!

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

I sent an E-mail

The recipient replied

So far so good

But in the mysterious way of things electrontrickery all mixed in with the reply was an E-mail I had previously received from someone else.

How did that come about?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Go back to bed, wait half an hour, get up and start the day again.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

But it is still there

My respondents message and interspersed the other message

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

"E-mail I had previously received from someone else"

Is that email also still there and intact as well as being mixed in with other one?

I presume you mean the text content of the email that is mixed up.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Lotvic indeed the intruder messages is inserted complete with the from to date and text and then the main input picks up

In bold an excerpt from the incoming mail and in italics the the 'intruder'

*> *Lo little Bruv and spouse* > >

Frances acquired another cat- making three- before she could get around to checking out the provenance of new pussy said pussy[called Min] delivered triplets. Jessica therefore took on two of them** *From: xxxx.xxxx@btinternet.com> To: John . xxx.xxx@yahoo.co.uk>* Sent: Saturday, 10 December 2011, 11:39 Subject: Fw: Fwd:* Etc..

>

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Best have a look at the copy in your 'sent' folder of the first email you sent that they replied to. I don't see how otherwise it could get mixed up in a reply sent to you. Does seem jumbled up somehow (I realise the bold formatting on here didn't work out how you intended)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

Come together to learn: the secrets of the best design talks, conferences and courses