We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

If it aint broken, dont mend it (or sod it up).

django47

Likes # 0

I used to really enjoy visiting places on google earth street view. I will never physically go to these places again, so the next beest thing was using street vieew in GE. But what the hell has happened to it. I manage to get a really crappy street view, but I cant get the streets I want.It was really good before, now it's a load of crap. Why the hell has it been downgraded.Why alter something that works well to something that doesn't. I liked GE(street view) a lot and I am going to miss it.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Not sure what you mean. I start from google maps then zoom in instead of searching in the box. Works OK for me.

Like this post
Ibanez2010

Likes # 0

Street view always seems to work better for me in Google Maps rather than Google Earth.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Have the same trouble as well. GE seems to have too many apps on it now. Google Maps works much smoother.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Same here, gets distorted. Google Maps is better than Google Earth.

Like this post
django47

Likes # 0

Wow! Thanks for the tips. I didn't know you could get 'street view' on google maps. Is it like the same as before where you would select street view in the layers column bottom left. Then all these little cameras would be dotted across the map. Then double click the one you chose and you are zoomed right down to the road. Then you could navigate with your mouse and zoom in and out to the left or right and get really close up to a building or anything you want to see up close. Or just cruise along a road you haven't been to for years and see how it has changed,like shops and things you remember. I moved away from London about 20 years ago and the traffic situation puts me off returning, but I enjoyed cruisiing round my old manor(Islington/Hackney), with 'GE'and even though it was only on a screen, for me it was a truely nostalgic trip down memory lane. Must go and check out G' Maps, thanks folks, really appreciated

PS. have an excellent christmas and great new year.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...