We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Driver for Windows 7 CanoScan 8400F

Likes # 0

I have now got into trouble because I thought that I might be able to solve the problem I had with my CanScan 8400F by Re-Loading the Canon CanoScan 8400F software but I had forgotten that I started to use it on my last computer with Windows XP and now I have Windows 7.

My technocrat son-in-law changed all my applications over for me and loaded the appropriate drivers but obviously I now need a Windows 7 driver for the Canon CanoScan 8400F and I’m too embarrassed to tell him.

I keyed in "Free Driver for Windows Canon CanoScan 8400F" and quite a few came up but when I had worked my way through installing one the words, "Now give us ten quid came up. This happened three more times.

I don’t mind paying money but I do object to being taken for a mug so does anyone know how I can get a Free driver or if not which is the best place to get a paid for one?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have a look at this support page

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

This is it Click here

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Like this post

Likes # 0

Many thanks for all your help. I downloaded the Windows 7 driver and the CanoScan OCR now works like a dream. I gave no idea why the OCR failed because when I was editing a 400 page book last year I scanned it all in without a problem but as I'm learning sometimes these things just happen.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV setup advice: Apple TV hacks to help you create the ultimate Apple TV hub in your home