We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Advice on this Samsung NP-NC110-A04UK please.

eysha

Likes # 0

Hi, my daughter is interested in this netbook as a Christmas present but before investing i wonder what the members here think of it. Is it a good choice? Can the memory be upgraded ok? How many memory slots does it have? what is its memory capacity? Is it easy to add memory? Can the hard drive be split into two ok for safety? And, anything else you can think of. It's £250.00. Thanks E.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Just been on another thread with someone else doing same as you. They found HP with very good specs £299-15%=£254.

Have a look at the discussion.

But Your Samsung is upgradeable (prob just 2GB) Free Partition software is readily available if needed should you buy it.

Like this post
eysha

Likes # 0

Thanks, will go look. E.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

For a netbook it's OK. This one?

You can partition the harddrive, though, I don't know if 7 starter will allow to do this. Free programs available so please wait for recommended ones. Should be easy enough to upgrade the ram.

Personally I'd spend a few more bob on a laptop as a 10" screen is not to my liking.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

For a few squids more have a look at this, Lenovo PC World.

Like this post
Zurdo

Likes # 0

I have the Samsung NC10 and it's excellent for what it is..........ie a netbook. Rdave's suggestion (the Lenovo) makes more sense for your daughter......with the netbook she won't be able to change the desktop pics. etc. and there's no disc drive.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features