We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem with PCA?

octal
Resolved

Likes # 0

Is anyone else getting this problem on PCA using Google Chrome, the adverts that should be visible either side are not visible and there isn't a scrollbar to see them, this is a screenshot.

The other browsers, Opera and Firefox have scrollbars, but it seems a bit strange having to use the scrollbars to view an advert, it's a bit self defeating.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

If you have a scroll wheel on your mouse hold down ctrl and turn the wheel at the same time till it fits properly on the screen.

See if that helps.

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

I agree you could do that, the problem is you need a microscope to read the text when you scroll out. I don't have to do that to another site I visit on the web.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

It is ok using Firefox so not sure what the problem is with Chrome.

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

This is the screen-shot when I make it fit the screen.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

octal

I have a copy of the latest Chrome, which I only use on occasions, and the scroll bars are there OK. In IE9, I do not have the adverts showing. and still the scroll bars are there. Is it something to do with your settings for Chrome? If it was OK a few days ago, why not go for a system restore to recover the situation?

TonyV

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

TonyV, not with Linux, it doesn't work the same as Windows, thanks anyway. I'll tick this thread and just ignore Google Chrome and use one of my other browsers.

Like this post  
TonyV

Likes # 0

octal

Didn't realise you were on Linux. I know nothing about it! But as a matter of interest, I tried the Chrome one again just now and cannot be doing with adverts on PCA playing music to me when I open the Home Page. I don't get it on IE9, so, me thinks, Chrome will be vanishing again soon!!

Cheers

TonyV

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

You're never alone with a clone: How the App Store got taken over by copycats

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded