We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printing to size as needed.

geedad

Likes # 0

I need a freebie printer program to help me PRINT the size that I want, instead of the printer choosing the size I don't want! Is there a simple print program that will do that? I have got PAINT and PAINT.net but everytime I edit the photo to my required size,it prints out too small or too large! Help! geedad

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You should be able to print any required size from your Printing Preferences within your Printer.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Are you sure you have not got the printer settings wrong prior to pronting can you choose prrint previeview then the printer dialogue shouls show the size sounds like the printer is overriding the actual p[rint dimensions try something like Irfanview its free and just selecting print gives you full control over the size Irfan view

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

northumbria61 I have an Epson Stylus Photo printer, but there is no 'Custom' option, only those which are normal photo paper sizes, with further options to print one or several of the same size prints.

eedcam See my reply to 'northumbria61',and thank you both. I will try Irfanview geedad

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

northumbria61 eedcam GEE! Thanks, eedcam! Irfan view did the trick in minutes, as opposed to hours of trying to trim, cut, chop etc ......! Delighted! geedad

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED