We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How much is my PC worth?

Lolzydude1

Likes # 0

I'm planning to get some new parts for a PC I have been wanting to make for a while now and I was curious on how much my current PC might be worth So that I can sell it for new parts, I was wondering would anyone have an Idea on how much I could put it on Ebay for a reasonable price.

My Specs are:

Motherboard: ASUS P5P41T-LE Processor: Intel Cpre 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.50 GHz

Memory: 4096mb DDR3 Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Hard Drive:

Seagate 500GB Case: ThermalTake M9 OD: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit PSU:

600watt ToughPower

p.s I realize these specs are a bit outdated but every penny counts Thanks for any feedback

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Why would you want to be selling the windows 7 OS, you will surely need it in your new build?

You do not mention make/type etc of RAM or make of Graphics card which will make a difference. You also do not mention the age of your components either.

The mobo is probably worth £20-£25,

GPU is around £15-£20

CPU maybe £40-£50

RAM, I have just bought 8GB Corsaire XMS3 for £23 including postage from another forum so you might get around the same from EBay for your 4GB depending on type.

The PSU around £10-£15 though surely you will need that for your new build also?

Do not forget that when you factor in Ebay and PayPal fees and postage then what you will actually receive will be less.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

As with any second hand system you can only get what the buyers are prepared to pay.

With low priced offers and warantee ( Aldi is good systems with 3 years ) The second hand market is virtually ststic.

You will get a better value looking at on line local free Adds.

Wilst selling as parts you need to check what those parts sell for new.Chronus nensioned your O/S which if it is OEM ( already installed on purchase ) you cannot sell it or transfer it to another System

As a base unit I shoul not think more than £50 with a monitor it will depend on type and size

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

This is a double post.

I have already answered your other one.

I'm afraid double posts lead to this sort of confusion - some of us don't know what others have already advised!

Like this post
Lolzydude1

Likes # 0

@ chronus thanks for feedback but there are reasons why I'm selling the things I am :

The OS I am seeling as pre-installed on pc, and on my new build I'm getting Windows ultimate 64 bit

and didnt I say the make of GPU was from Nvidia/Geforce It is also Is 1GB I forgot to mention, I beleive my ram make is corsair I'll check though The components are all roughly 2-3 years old And I Can't really sell the PC as a whole without it's power supply also I am going to need around 800watts for my new build, and yes I have thought about the fees that go along with it

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I would be interested in what you are building that will require 800W.

You are likely to get more for your parts rather than selling it as a PC, you can sell the OS with the Mobo if you wish. But I think after having another look around that I stand by my prices.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

10 mind-blowing Oculus Rift experiments that reveal VR's practical potential

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers