We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail

SURVEY
Resolved

Likes # 0

Having tried for a few hours and failed, I need some help. Trying to transfer my Outlook Express .dbx emails and their folders to another computer on to Windows Live Mail. I exported and imported the address book straight away but the emails???

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

OK, have managed to get my emails into WLM format. Each OE folder has been imported by the Import Wizard to separate 'Imported Folders'. In WLMail I can click on Imported Folder 1 or 2 or 3 etc and each of these leads to a sub-folder 'Local Service'. Opening these up gives the OE folder name and emails. I can move the messages to each 'Imported Folder' and then rename the Imported Folder by the original OE folder name. But this is all a bit of a fag. There must be a simper way to do this, surely??

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

Managed to sort it (almost), but what a real pain! MS could have made it simpler I'm sure.

Like this post  
SURVEY

Likes # 0

Just one more thing that is bugging me about Mailwasher/WLM. Mailwasher will not remove headers on its screen despite my having downloaded the emails in WLM. Under 'Accounts' in WLM for say a btinternet account I have the option of removing the email from the btinternet server; that option is not available on my gmail accounts. I am sure that with Outlook Express and Mailwasher this problem did not arise - I 'processed' the Mailwasher emails to OE and then when next clicking 'Check Emails' in Mailwasher, the downloaded ones were cleared from the screen. Help!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made