We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Mailer-Deamon Problem

Bagsey

Likes # 0

Can someone please explain to me how to get rid of the nasty which is causing my computer to send out many emails each day and Mailer-Deamon to report same. Thanks in anticipation.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Maybe change your password and look in contacts.Any contacts that you do not recognize delete them.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Are they actually being sent from your computer or web mail (look in the sent box) or are they spoof emails which just appear to be from you? The latter is more likely. Change e-mail password. But if it continues you may have to change e-mail address.

Like this post
Bagsey

Likes # 0

Thanks to both of you. I have changed my password. I will see how that goes. Changeing my address is such a pain but hopefully wont be needed. No record in my sent email box.

Like this post
Bagsey

Likes # 0

As I said in my last posting,I changed my password and all seemed to be well ,but now I am getting this message. Mail seems to be coming in but no mail is getting sent can someone tell me how to fix this please. In words of one syllable please as I am out of my depth with this one. Thankyou.

*An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Re: Kindle', Account: 'mail.btinternet.com', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '451 Invalid Smtp line - Should end with CRLF', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 451, Error Number: 0x800CCC6A *

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Which e-mail client are you using?

Like this post
Bagsey

Likes # 0

Outlook Express

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You'll need to check your e-mail account settings and that the new password is being recognised for the send part. I'm way out of date with Outlook Express so hope someone else can point you in the right direction.

Like this post
Bagsey

Likes # 0

Thanks Woolwell for trying. I have forgotten (OLD AGE is a pain) how to get into to the menu where I can do the reset of the SMTP settings. Can anyone help me with this. I am using Outlook Express.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not sure if this helps .

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2409264

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Or maybe this one.

http://www.plus.net/support/email/setup/outlookexpresssetup.shtml

2nd one down click on Mail then properties and it should show your e-mail details.Maybe change it from there.

If not just go through the whole process again.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...