We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Changeing HDD

joe-wilson
Resolved

Likes # 0

First of all, A BIG THANK YOU to the peeps that helped me get my laptop going again,. But now I have HDD that is filling up fast, So I have purchased a bigger HDD,

My next question is this,

HOW do I "Clone / copy" my present HDD with ALL boot files ect to a Larger VIRGIN drive, So that I can simply take out my "Old drive" and put in my "NEW DRIVE" and boot up as norm.

Again All input will be Greatly Appreciated, Cheers, Joe.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 1

I've always used Paragon software to clone. It will clone the hard drive to the same proportions, if you have partitions, to the new drive. It's not free but the 10 version is now eleven pounds at Amazon.

I haven't used any free programs to do this but I think there are some good ones that will do it. I suggest you wait a while until someone else can recommend a freebie.

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 1

You will need a hard drive enclosure & software.

Software Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0 (last item on page free for 15 days)

External enclosure Hard drive enclosure (For up to 500GB)

Like this post  
ICF

Likes # 0

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 1

Easus ToDo is another excellent program, free and very simple to use. Copy drive.

Like this post
joe-wilson

Likes # 0

AGAIN, Thanks guys, as soon as my new Drive & Caddy turn up I shall do as instructed. A VERY big cheers to ALL that have helped me sort this out. HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September