We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how to DE-Compress files

joe-wilson
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi All, I'm Stuck. My Advent 7201 with 120gb Hdd 2gb Ram and win 7 Ult, has told me I'm running low on space. i I ran "Disc Cleanup" and recovered some, (But not much) I saw a tab which said "use disc compression" to free up HDD So I press Compress files on drive "C" This did as stated and recovered even more space.... Great whilst the laptop was running. Unfortunately, after switching off my laptop, when I came to startup I now get the following message "BOOTMGR COMPRESSED, press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart your system. on doing so the system reboots TO THE SAME MESSAGE. It will not go past go. HOW can I get past this or DE-COMPRESS my files to get my laptop back. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Joe.

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

XP ,VISTA or W7?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 1

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

Like this post
joe-wilson

Likes # 0

Sorry should have said. Win 7 cheers, joe

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 1

My link works for Vista or Windows 7

Like this post  
joe-wilson

Likes # 0

WEH HEY

A VERY BIG CHEERS GUYS...i'M NOW BACK UP AND RUNNING... Joe.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia