We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Redirecting from Search engines

bluemoon69
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi difarn and thanks mate, Done that, she says she had about 7 infections one being a backdoor and a highjacker also a couple of trojans. Removed everyrthing but she said that it is still redirecting from any search engine. When i took a look at it yesterday she had something called IMINENT on it, something her daughter had downlaoded (emoticons and stuff). Whilst i was searching a pop up came up about winning sumit but you could not click it off and keept taking you to a dodgy site and this was to do iminent. So i deleted everything from the registry to do with this program as the uninstall did not get shot. This seem to do the job at the time. She rang me a little earlier to say it started redircting again, so told her to use malwarebytes but as stated above this has not worked either. Then told her to check the registry again for iminent and there it was. So am stumped now. Thanks all in advance. Cliffy.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Maybe Post on the one forum.Either close the other one or this one.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/20/absolute-beginners/4100706/redirect-from-google-search/

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Maybe install it again and then download Revo Uninstaller.You get the pro version for a few weeks to try it.

Click on to Iminent and press delete.IT may say Completely press or dot the button that says completely.And that should remove everything about it.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

A Lot of bad sites out there for downloading Iminent so make sure you get a good one.

I take it you tried removing it from Add Remove.

This is classed as a good site if you decide to go ahead.

http://download.cnet.com/Iminent/3000-2150_4-10727506.html

Like this post
bluemoon69

Likes # 0

Sorry buteman about the other post but can not find out where to close it.

Like this post
bluemoon69

Likes # 0

I removed it by using REVO uninstaller but as i said it did not seem to remove all traces as i went into the registry to check out. So removed from the registry and seemed ok when i left. She then rang me the next day and said it started to redirect again. Thats when i tried Malware bytes, which came up with a few probs and removed them but it still redirected. So i told her to check in the registry again and there it was again...strange, and i did delete all to do with iminent from there as i kept hitting F3 find next. I told her to hang off from taking it in to a shop and ill ask on here. Many thanks Buteman and to all for help. Any more ideas, i did say to her that may be we will have to go MW forum and do a hjt log from them but think she is a bit impatient to do that. lol.

Like this post
BurrWalnut

Likes # 0

If she is too impatient to wait for someone to analyse the HijackThis log, she could run it and delete the redirection entries that begin with 01, 13 and 17.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Might be worth running kaspersky's free TDSSKiller here

Like this post
bluemoon69

Likes # 0

Thanks for everyones help. I have just spoken to her and she has already took it to the shop :( going to charge her £40 + and take a couple of days. lmao. Told her we could have done it in the same time and for nothing.....women lol :). Anyways cheers all.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen