We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Outlook Express 6 only prints message headers

Markito

Likes # 0

For a while now, I have had to print any Outlook Express messages in gmail, because they refuse to print otherwise. All other printing from web pages, etc. is completely normal, so my printer is not at fault. I have deleted and compacted my messages, hoping that would solve the problem but it hasn't. For your information, I am running Windows XP Pro SP3, and get automatic updates. I am also running Norton Internet Security 2012 with Utilities. Could it be that Internet Explorer 8 (which has downloaded automatically) is incompatible with Outlook Express 6?
If so,could I safely downgrade to I.E. 7 without compromising all the Windows security and other updates I have received in the meantime?

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance on this.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

View menu, point to Encoding, and then click to clear Auto-Select.

Like this post
Markito

Likes # 0

Hi again Fruit Bat.

In Encoding I have the choice of: Western European (Windows) Unicode UTF-8 - that is selected. More - (choice of different languages) Left to write document Right to left document

So I don't see how I can clear Auto Select, as you suggest.

Can you advise further?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...