We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Spam Mail how do i fix it

mark3986

Likes # 0

Hi my email address keeps sending emails to my contacts i think its called spam mail ive scanned comp with SUPER,MBAM,Spyware Blaster and AVG but its still not fixed it ive also changed my password but still not fixed

Like this post
Belatucadrus

Likes # 0

It looks like your e-mail address has been spoofed by a spammer, which means there's probably nothing wrong with your PC and the only answer may be to change your e-mail address as politely requesting they stop is unlikely to achieve much.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Are you sure your machine is doing the sending?

or may be someone has hijacked your email address (it happens to all of us at some poit or other)

Like this post
mark3986

Likes # 0

im not sure wot to hence why im asking ive changed my password and its still happening

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Maybe have a read through this.

http://ask-leo.com/ischangingmypasswordenough.html

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Googled

It will give you something to look at till you get the help that you need.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sending+spam+e-mails+to+contacts&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

Plus go through all of your contacts and see if there is one there that you do not recognize and remove it.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Are you using webmail or an e-mail client like Outlook Express? Are there any e-mails in the sent box? If yes someone is hacking into your account or you have a virus. If no then they are probably spoof e-mails. Is it a hotmail account?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone