We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Redirect from google search

bluemoon69
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi and thanks to all in advance. I keep getting redirected from my searches to other sites. Can not work out why or how to stop it. Have done a scan and nothing comes up. Am at a loss, help neede. Many thanks and knid regards cliffy

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Very much sounds like you have some malware. Try the free download of Malwarebytes. This is a trusted site to download it from and gives you a bit of information about it. The one you want is the free one at the top left-hand corner of the page.

Like this post
bluemoon69

Likes # 0

Hi difarn and thanks mate, Done that, she says she had about 7 infections one being a backdoor and a highjacker also a couple of trojans. Removed everyrthing but she said that it is still redirecting from any search engine. When i took a look at it yesterday she had something called IMINENT on it, something her daughter had downlaoded (emoticons and stuff). Whilst i was searching a pop up came up about winning sumit but you could not click it off and keept taking you to a dodgy site and this was to do iminent. So i deleted everything from the registry to do with this program as the uninstall did not get shot. This seem to do the job at the time. She rang me a little earlier to say it started redircting again, so told her to use malwarebytes but as stated above this has not worked either. Then told her to check the registry again for iminent and there it was. So am stumped now. Thanks all in advance. Cliffy.

Like this post  
daz60

Likes # 0

Read this carefully it may help or sign up to Bleeping-computer and one of their malware experts will help.

TDSS killer

create topic

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

You removed everything that was causing the infection an that cured it, however in the system restore the program will be hiding and reload itself.

Re-fix the system and then goto to Help- system restore - Turn off and reboot then reset system restore up again.

Terry.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I would also try Superantispyware as well as Malawarebytes.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good