We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

laptop xp screen

denis93

Likes # 0

my niece has an xp laptop,the screen has went blank and is now showing coloured up and down lines,i plugged a monitor into it,and the monitor is showing normal xp screen,what can i do,as the monitor is not hers and she cant afford one

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

denis93

£94 on e-bay then you have to pay someone to fit it.

Maybe best putting towards a new one.

Suggestion from one of the others just to plug it into the T/V could work out best if only using it at home.

Maybe use it that way until she can get it repaired or till she can afford a new one.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I can't find that specific model, but have a look at the manual for the M45 to see if it's similar herepage 2-17 check 5 suggests that your problem could be caused by a dodgy connection at one end or other of the cable between mobo and screen (it flexes every time the lid is moved). I've cured a number of similar problems by reseating the connections. If you are comfortable with taking a laptop to bits, it may be worth a try.

Like this post
denis93

Likes # 0

thats way over my head,i think she will just have to get a monitor for it,thank you and every one else for your help and time.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

OK. I've bought LCD monitors of ebay for a tenner, so may be worth considering.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...