We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cannot access Ebay

juedoc

Likes # 0

Can anyone help with a strange one. I have 3 computers in the house and I cannot access Ebay website, I get a message Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. I dont have problems getting onto any other site.

Please advise

Thank you

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try going to Tools - Internet Options - Privacy Tab - Sites - enter Ebay.co.uk in box and click on Allow - the click OK

Like this post
juedoc

Likes # 0

Thank you I tried your suggestion but still no joy :-(

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try clearing your Internet cache

Like this post
juedoc

Likes # 0

Tried that too....but still no luck thank you for helping

Like this post
juedoc

Likes # 0

all of them. I tried turning off the router to reboot it but that didnt work either

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Do you have another browser installed - ie: Firefox - if so can you connect to Ebay via that?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

The problem may be with your HOSTS file - try this -

Go to - C/windows/system32/etc/host (open with NOTEPAD) and delete that entire list of "blocked" sites.

Then try to access Ebay again from IE.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Also - Go to IE-> Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Trusted sites -> Sites and remove everything in trusted sites list.

It may be that one of your 3 has Ebay in as a trusted site and the other 2 not or something like that. Try making them all the same

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I really think it is down to an individual "cookie" being blocked if Ebay is the only site you can't access. I had this trouble a long time ago when I wasn't able to access Tesco website and when I contacted Tesco via phone I was advised to clear out all my "cookies" - worked immediately.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

Go through another site, even if you are not collecting points, you can get to E-Bay through NECTAR, just bring up their site and click on the e-Bay symbol.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...