We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

DVD r or RW + or -

rgtyfhr

Likes # 0

Can someone help me can I get dvd r or rw plus or minus with acapacity bigger than 4.7 gb. if so where from I need 6 or 7 gb min thanks

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

You need dual layer - make sure your DVD writer can handle them. If it can't new DVD writers aren't expensive. I always use Verbatim Dual layer discs

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

dvd shrinkYou cant unless you get a dual layer which is a bit dearer. If this is for video you could compress with dvd shrink which is free with little or no noticeable loss in quality

Like this post
rgtyfhr

Likes # 0

I am transferring film on tape to DVD will shrink help me in this situation if so, how?

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Ok the film on tape are you using a combi Tape/dvd recorder or just tape to dvd recorder and not to PC first? If so shrink cant help. You would need to use dual layer discs or choose a lower quality on the dvd recorder settings. Or put it on a couple of standard dvd RW's then you can use the pc and combine to one dvd using shrink. Shrink would make a better job of compressing than your recorder as it will only compress by the amount neede as opposed to most recorders which have afixed compression ( some do have a variable) even if you were a few minutes over the standard 2hours let us know the method and we'll see what can be done

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G vs Nokia Lumia 530 comparison: What's the best budget smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer