We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Correcting Syntax Error?

spuds

Likes # 0

I use Google Chrome and Firefox for my two main browsers, and also have Internet Explorer 8 installed on the computer but it is seldom used.

I keep getting Microsoft JScript Compilation Error - Syntax Error message popping up on the screen. Checking for a remedy to stop or correct this problem. I find the only possible reference is to tick 'Disable Script Debugging' in IE8. This is already ticked, to perform the action needed (?), but the problem is still very evident.

There is also two further problems, (1) that I get a request as to whether I want to install IE8, which is already on and working on the computer. (2) IE as encountered a problem, then suggests that it needs to close and a report sent?.

Can you offer a fix to the above issues?.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Have you tried resetting IE 8

Tools > Internet Options > Advanced if i remeber correctly

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

bremner, thank you for the response, much appreciated.

I looked at Reset earlier on, and was undecided as to whether to try that or not, hence my question. Just gone back and done a Reset. So I will now wait and see what happens?.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy an iPhone 6 (or any smartphone) on contract: Get the latest tech and save...

IDG UK Sites

Corel Painter 2015 review

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK