We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Screen resolution

vassos

Likes # 0

I have an odd glitch which has suddenly appeared. All text is blurred. Looks like there is a secondary shadow of each letter or digit offset to the right. It makes reading anything very headache making. I tried everything but with no success. I then had the PC tech., log in remotely. He has tweaked and reset and to him it looks fine. Here however, it is just the same. The resolution is set perfectly for my monitor. Any ideas please?

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Have you tried removing and refitting the leads again in case something is amiss. Hard to see it being a faulty lead/plug but you never know. Examine them closely.

Like this post
vassos

Likes # 0

OK, I'm not too good at these things so will try and work through your advice slowly, one by one. Meanwhile, I have 6 coloured jack points - Orange,Grey,Green, Black,Blue & Pink. Which one should my monitor jack be in?

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Well I use a laptop so I have nothing to compare against regarding coloured sockets... I would have to have it all in front of me to see how they were all labelled.

Does it not use a single HDMI type lead or have that as an option ?

http://www.brighthub.com/multimedia/video/articles/6288.aspx

It's very strange that you have had it working and then it reverted back to the faulty graphics.

Can you identify for certain the output connector on the PC that was in use (presumably successfully) before all the problems began. If so what is it labelled as.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...