We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

2 printers in one pc?

rickf

Likes # 0

Never done this b4 but I now want to set up 2 printers on one pc, can I? Reason being I want to continue using the older one for documents and the new one for photos. Perhaps one as default? Any info/help appreciated.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

The answer is yes. You should be able to add another printer within your operating system. I use it with XP, not sure about the latest Windows, but I would image it should be possible.

There is also another way, which you can add a printer by buying something like a Belkin switching device (F1U40vea1?), which can consist of 2 to more outlets for other devices. Check out eBay for new or used.

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

Yes, no problem whatsoever. Assume both are USB or wireless, just install them as you would a single printer. When you select "Print" from a program, you are able to select which printer you wish to use.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

As the others have said, there isn't a problem. I currently have 3 set up. One thing to watch out for is that latest installed one will probably automatically be assigned as the default printer. You may have to reassign the default printer.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

There is no problem at all, I have run at least two right back from XP thro Vista Win 7 and Win 8 DP

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Many thanks people. Good on you.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Yes, it can be done quite easily. I have 5 printers hooked up to my PC and often they are all running different jobs at the same time. Gets quite noisy!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014