We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New laptop battery ??

Petesilver

Likes # 0

Have just bought a new battery for my HP laptop NX6125 evrything seems ok but the power warning options do not seem to work the laptop just goes on until there is no power and cuts out without any of the warnings I have set. is there something else I ought to be doing ??

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Remove the battery and see if it will run just using the power cord.If it doesn't it could be a bad power cord .Or motherboard connection.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Page 2-13 onwards of the HP software guide from here may help.

Like this post
Petesilver

Likes # 0

All works ok re battery or mains its just that I don't get any warning when the battery gets very low although I have set it in powere options. The HP guides are very good but nothing in them to solve my problem..........so I am still at a loss as what I can do ??

Like this post
Petesilver

Likes # 0

I am still hoping someone out there can help me solve this problem, so just a bit more info might help ..... The battery is lasting quite well almost 2 hours and that is mostly online but the power warning setup does not work when it got to about 20/23% the laptop just cuts out no warning no nothing. Have been looking at various things and I think the laptop still thinks its got the original battery according to the number, been in the BIOS and cannot find anything in there that might help me, all I can think of is that although the battery works fine the software somehow does not to recognize the fact that I have changed the battery......any Idea's ??

Like this post
Petesilver

Likes # 0

Oh! one thing I forgot to say is the battery does differ slightly for the original in APH is higher would that make a difference ??

Like this post
Bris

Likes # 0

Is it a genuine HP battery and the same part number as the old one? If not then thats probably the problem. Cant comment on laptop batteries but I do know that some camcorder batteries come with extra terminals that allow the capacity to be monitored by the camcorder. Although you have checked the BIOS, is it possible that this monitoring is a function of the OS, in which case this suggests that a driver might be involved?

Like this post
Bris

Likes # 1

Further to my previous post, this may help.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SmartBatterySystem

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite