We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Canon MP640 Printer

Cockney Rebel
Resolved

Likes # 0

Good Evening I fitted a new BT Hub yesterday.I,ve tried to print a couple of documents today and they wont print.The error message I receive is "printer not responding"I cleared the print queue and tried again without success.I thought the router may interfere with the wireless signal from the printer and so moved the printer to a position about 2ft away from the laptop.Still no success.I then turned the router off and checked again but no joy.Is it possible that the signal from the router has corrupted the wireless transmitter in the printer?Might I add tha this problem appears on 2 different laptops one running Vista and the other runs Windows 7.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thankyou

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

It is possible that your new router is allocating IP addresses to your computers in a different Subnet (IP address range) from your old router, so that they can no longer access the printer. This would certainly be the case if the printer had been configured with a fixed IP address in a different range.

Like this post  
Cockney Rebel

Likes # 0

mgmcc Many thanks for the reply.I have now managed to sort the printer out by entering the security code for the new hub which is a BT Hub 3.I cannot remember doing this before with the old version 2 hub(black curved one.I assumed that the laptop communicated directly to the printer and not through the hub.Everything working ok now.Thanks again for your reply.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK