We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

what motherboard

iqs

Likes # 0

Hi, I was given an old packard bell imedia mc 2559 PC. The pc hangs on the pink packard bell boot screen,all devices have been disconnected,still hangs.

I am looking for a replacement MB,but cant find any support on the packard web site.

The cpu is a Pentium D

Any help please

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Pentium D or socket 775. I would have a look on eBay for a cheap Skt 775 motherboard.

Like this post
iqs

Likes # 0

many thanks

Like this post
iqs

Likes # 0

Can I ask,if the pc hangs at the packard bell post/bios screen,that the cpu is fine ? Thanks

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Difficult to say, it is more than possible that the CPU is knackered.I suppose you would need to try another Pentium D to test that theory.

Like this post
iqs

Likes # 0

Hi,I tried a celeron d and still the same,hung on the Packard post screen,can't press f2,f3,f8 etc. ,your thoughts please ,thanks

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Do you know the make/model of mobo? This info can often be found on the motherboard itself.

Like this post
iqs

Likes # 0

Hi, I have found the MB details,and gone to the gigabyte support page,the MB is not listed .I was hoping to flash the BIOS,last thing you should do,but i have tried everything else. Thanks

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

What are the details then? Flashing the bios is certainly not the last thing to do,these days it is something done quite simply and like patching a game it can improve performance. But I do not think flashing the bios will be of much help with your problem though it would not do any harm if the mobo is knackered anyway.

The reason that the board is not listed is because it will probably be an OEM mobo produced specifically for Packard Bell. There might be support somewhere but it can be tricky to track down, so if you can post the mobo details.

Like this post
iqs

Likes # 0

Sorry,I didn't post the details as I assumed if gigabyte didn't list it ,it must be so old and discon. I can't even access the bios etc,because the ps2 and ush keyboard is not detected .

Ga-8trc410mnf-rh

Thanks

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

From what i can tell that board was a oem specific revision of the gigabyte GA-8TRC410M-RH used in some packard bell and nec systems. As there is nothing for it on Packard Bell /NEC sites, it probably dosen't have any bios updates.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...