We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

connecting external woofer and speakers to Toshiba lcd tv

cozowl

Likes # 0

I'm not satisfied with the sound quality of my Toshiba AV55 lcd tv and want to connect a set of 2.1 external speakers. I can't see any 'audio out' connections on the tv but there are some on my Sky+ box. Before investing in a set of speakers I'd like to know what's the best way forward. Can I connect to the TV or should I connect to the Sky+ box? Which option would switch off the internal tv speakers? Thanks for your help.

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

I have one of these bolted to the back of my Panasonic TV Q Acoustics Q-TV2

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Doubt either option would switch of the tv.s speaker what you dont want is the volume to be controlled by the tv might be best to output from the sky box and mute the tv. ICF how the hell did your gadget get away with claming HD sound even if it could there is none broadcast

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

You would have to ask Q Acoustic about the spec of the product.I think it means HD in comparison to normal sound produced by flat TV's All I can say I bought one because I heard it demonstrated at the What TV and HI-FI show in Manchester. Review

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Ha! Oh I doubt they claim it in there specs just a slightly deliberate Typo I'm sure the sound is fine Just me nit pickin HD gets badly quoted alot by many

Cheers

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

As you stated the Toshiba does not have audio out so any external speakers would have to be driven by the Sky +. You would then mute the TV sound. However I cannot see how you would drive a 2.1 set up. But someone else may know better.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

Looking at the manual for your TV it had a headphone socket. This is on the RH side of the TV just below the common interface socket. This should disconnect the TV speakers.

PDF Manual for AV55 TV

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes