We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

DVD Decoder not installed? Windows Media Player

little jack

Likes # 0

I am trying to copy a wedding dvd but when i try to play it on Window Media or Real Player it says DVD Decoder not installed can anyone help me find a free safe decoder to download without adverts. ? thank you .

Like this post
little jack

Likes # 0

Please note it will play on Videolan vic media player but not sure if this will copy ?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Why are you trying to play it in order to make or burn a copy of the DVD or do you just want to copy it to your harddrive?

To make a DVD disk copy of the DVD you need to use a DVD burning program. You may already have one on your pc. What program do you usually use to burn your DVD's? - I presume you have a DVD RW drive installed.

Please can you be more precise and explain what you are trying to achieve and then more appropriate advice can be given.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback