We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

laptop keeps shuting down

1skinny123

Likes # 0

my laptop keeps shuting down after roughly an hours use, it gives no warning the power just goes. i wait 5+ mins and start up as normal, but just for another hour?

The base feels very hot and was wondering if it was overheating and what i can do about it?

thanks

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Most likely cause is overheating. If you are using it on your lap then the fan could be being blocked - it is best to use a laptop cooler like this enter link description here any one of which would serve the purpose. You could just try gently blowing or brushing the fan exit points on the underside of your laptop.

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

My wife uses a laptop stand but her' started shutting down. I removed part of the back and sprayed gas from a can. That sorted it out. I think the are YouTube video's online that show what to do.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

sprayed gas from a can. That sorted it out.

Good to hear it is sorted. That gas you refer to is air

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room