We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

XPSP3 crash/freeze

soulboy
Resolved

Likes # 0

My PC had been crashing for a long time, usually (understandably, so I thought) when I had lots of progs open or had generally been expecting a lot from the machine. My hardware is mostly fairly recent (SATA mother board, AMD duo 4GB ram), apart from some of the internal HDs (Knocking on for ten years old). The crashing was a loud grinding/buzzing noise followed by blue screen. I got around to formatting the C: and righted a lot of problems, eventually got all my software re-loaded etc, then the problem camr back, not as bad but annoying. Same noise, but PC seems to come back from the brink of a blue screen then continue from where it left off. As I type, I'm thinking: 'I bet I need a new C drive.... Any ideas?

Jim

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Sounds like the hard drive is on it's way out, backup what ever you can. Then run check disk

Like this post  
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

What error number on the blue screen?

Blue screen view will analyse he fault for you

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Sounds as though the HDD is on it's way out. Backup what ever you can, then run check disk

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Sorry for the double post

Like this post
soulboy

Likes # 0

It doesn't actually get to the bluescreen since I formatted it. I can't remember what number it used to be.... Thanks a lot for both replies, I now have the inner strenghth required to go buy another one! lol

Thanks Again

Jim

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features