We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Accessing Media on DLNA devices - Belkin Play Max N600 Router

nitishvarma

Likes # 0

I Have the following network -

Router: Belkin Play Max N600 HD Wireless N Dual Band Router (F7D4301au)

Devices Connected -

(1) HP Pavilion Desktop

(2) Lenovo Laptop

(3) Samsung Galaxy S I9000 smartphone

(4) Sony Bravia KDL-40ex520 LED TV using UWA-BR100 USB Wireless LAN adapter

I can connect to the internet on all.

I can access Media servers of Desktop or Laptop on my smartphone and TV (and on each other).

I can access Network Drives (connected to USB port of the Belkin router) on Laptop, Desktop, and the "File Expert" app on my smartphone.

However, I cannot access the USB network drive on the router as a DLNA server either using "Allshare" Samsung app or on the Television; even though the Desktop media servers can be accessed by Allshare and the TV.

Belkin claims that-

"Music Mover sends music from a USB drive attached to your Router to any UPnP (Universal Plug-and-Play) or DLNA-compatible device on your network. These devices include certain gaming systems, televisions, Blu-ray players, and cell phones."

Ref to Page 16 on manual - http://www.belkin.com/PDF/F7D4301auPlayMaxRouter.pdf

Can someone please guide me how to 'send music' on the network using the abovementioned option.

Thanks!

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Link you sent wasn't working so I delved a little.

Assume you want to share music from your laptops. Found the comment:- Can’t share the USB devices unless the software is installed in each computer

Don't know if this will help - it refers specifically to playing media via a PS3 but if you substitute that for your laptops, tv etc. it should work - key thing is the ethernet cable connection I believe.

Like this post

Likes # 0

nitishvarma, Not sure if you were able to resolve your issue but i have similar one whereby i want to stream media from my external hard drive that is hooked up via the usb port on the modem to my Sony Blu Ray which is dlna compliant. Like you i too can see the hard drive on all the computers that connect to the network it is just the blu ray that i have trouble with. if you have come across any fixes i would appreciate your sharing.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback