We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Micro SD Card with date?

geedad

Likes # 0

I have bought a micro 4GB card for a mini dv camera. When I used the camera and played back a recorded video, there was a date and time on the bottom of the screen. I tried this a couple of time and the date shows about 2008 and a time. Is there a way to put the correct date and time on the card - or format it so that it shows the correct period? geedad

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

The date and time is created by the Camera. You will need to go into the camera settings menu to adjust the date and time settings. If you read the instruction book it should tell you how.

If this is imprinted onto the video you should also be able to disable this in the settings.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Have you checked the date/time settings on the camera?

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

BRYNIT Nontek Thank you, both! You have provided the solution to this problem. Many thanks! geedad

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Perhaps a late reminder. Read the instruction book fully, because some dv cameras have a host of extras, that might take some getting use to.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do