We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

2 Vista problems

frenchman96

Likes # 0

Hi Guys

At present, I have a family visiter from France who leaves us tomorrow, and I need to fix a problem if you can help.

His o/s is Vista, and I inserted new Memory Ram for him today, and that works fine, but whether it has anything to do with it or not is not important, but since fitting, I have 2 problems.

1- in his Windows Mail, we cannot send mail, but can receive, I have checked tools/accounts/properties/ but cannot see anything wrong, but you may be able to tell me different.

2-In an attempt to cure this, I tried System Restore, but unlike my XP, no calendar drops down in sub menu, so did not see option to choose another date.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

His smtp settings will almost certainly be incorrect for UK. He will have to change smtp to your isp whilst in Uk and then change back in France. Alternatively use webmail.

Like this post
frenchman96

Likes # 0

He tells me that it has worked every time he comes back to uk and I should say, he can receive?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It will receive but the send settings, smpt, should be changed.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

System Restore: Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools

When it opens click next and recent dates will be shown. Put a tick in the box for show dates older than 5 days and all the potential restore dates will appear.

If no restore points are available you will be warned and you can click on a link to turn system restore back on for each drive.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia