We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Eset Flags up Warning

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Eset Internet Security came up with a warning box.

Detected Covert channel Exploit in ICMP Packet. Remote Ip Address 77.87.180.25

When I open Eset nothing has been quarantines or anything like that it does not even mention it.

Would it be most likely the Eset Firewall stopping a program from entering.Or could it be more sinister.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

gengiscant I googled for that and there was nothing for me to look at.

Obviously I must have worded it wrong.

I will have a good look through that.Thanks

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

It happened to me when I first Googled, but I tend to find that as fewer words as possible gets better results? In this case it was *Exploit in ICMP Packet. * that better results came up.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

One more question if you can help.I can stop it from running again.But what is the possibility that it is something needed.

If I stop it and find out that I need it I take it it is just a matter of enabling it again.

Firewalls I could never understand them and how to use them properly.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Hi I found out it is just when I open my Poker Stars program that I get those warnings from Eset.

So going to ignore them I think. Whatever Eset is stopping does not prevent Poker Stars from working.

Any thoughts on this before I close the thread.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Reading through the links I posted I think you can safely ignore these warnings from Eset on this occasion.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

gengiscant

Ok I was thinking that myself.Thanks for all of your help.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Sam Smith, Kylie & more live, for...

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

VR controller attempts to make Oculus Rift easier to use