We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Composite or S-video?

geedad

Likes # 0

I am recording through a VHS to DVD maker, and I find that synchronising the sound with vision is just not accurate. The DVD Maker's connections are Composite and/or S-Video, ,and I am using the Composite connections at the moment. I hav'nt tried yet, but could the S-Video connection better synchronise the video? geedad

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

chub_tor many thanks! great help. geedad

Like this post
Les28

Likes # 0

Have a look here to see many common reasons why dropped frames or audio/video synch problems can happen.

enter link description here

If it's an even amount of time difference between audio and video throughout the whole clip this is usually easily corrected in the captured work in most video editing programs by nudging audio and video together again.

I had an S-video VHS recorder to record from TV or camcorder, it would record in normal VHS or with a different tape would record in S-video and I also had an S-video camcorder.

I was under the impression that the S-video camcorder recorded at 400 lines, the VHS camcorders recorded at 240 lines, much more detailed images with S-video; same with the S-video VHS recorder much better quality recordings of TV programs and I could input my recordings from my camcorder at S-video quality into the S-video VHS and have same quality taped as my camcorder footage, however they would only play on my S-video VHS recorder though, same with any TV films I recorded in S-video wouldn't play on a normal VHS machine.

So maybe I'm wrong but I think an S-video connection is for transferring S-video recorded footage, not for transfering ordinary VHS recorded footage.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback