We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

File converter .mmf to .mp3 .wav etc

badgermansix

Likes # 0

Can anyone recommend a free/shareware file converter please? I want to convert one file (.mmf) to .aac .mpe .wav etc. tia

Like this post
csqwared

Likes # 0

Try looking here Music software Xilisoft Audio Converter seems to fit the bill although no experience of it.

Like this post
swapper

Likes # 0

Thanks csqwared, I did try this but it does not seem to recognise .mmf.

Thanks for responding

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

This online converter might do it http://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-mp3

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

Freemake Audio Converter should do it.

http://www.freemake.com/freeaudioconverter/

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

tonyq, darn those 2 _ underscores that turn text into italics....

Here's your link freeaudioconverter

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

lotvic, please explain, darn those 2 _ underscores that turn text into italics.... for future posting.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

tonyq, If you use two underscores the text between them is changed to italics instead of displaying as you intended with the underscores showing. It means that when you paste a link in with them it then doesn't work as a link.

Try it out and look in the preview box below.

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

lotvic,thank you for the advice, but I don't seem able to make it show up italics in the preview box .

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

lotvic, I finally managed to do it . Sorry badgermansix for hogging your thread but it's nice to learn these things. Having said that I will probably forget the next time it happens.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features