We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Check What Your PC is Connecting To.

gengiscant

Likes # 0

Using CurrPorts to Check What Your PC is Connecting To

Use CurrPorts, to display a list of all currently opened TCP/IP and UDP ports on your local computer. It is a portable program and doesn’t need to be installed. To use it, extract the .zip file you downloaded (see the link at the end) and run cports.exe.

For each port that CurrPorts lists, information about the process that opened the port is displayed. You can select connections and close them, copy a port’s information to the clipboard or save it to an HTML file, an XML file, or a tab-delimited text file. You can reorder the columns displayed on the CurrPorts main window and in the files you save. To sort the list by a specific column, simply click on the header of that column.ou can use the tool to look for things like malware connections to Ukraine or software with automatic updaters.

Currports.

Like this post
lucky1

Likes # 0

Sounds an interesting tool gengiscant but unable to open your link.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

My apologies,although it might not have been my fault. Try again

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Very interesting program.

I also checked at the bottom of the download page, and clicked on ' Go To Network Tools Page'. Some very interesting downloads there, that might be worth considering!.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Another one I recommend from the same place is Bluescreen viewer, excellent bit of software.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback