We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Broadband Speed Delivery

Legslip

Likes # 0

My friend has Talk Talk BBand for her sins. When she log on to the net, the delivery seems to come in fits and starts. She can click on a link via Google and watch nothing happen for 20 - 30 seconds then it has a burst of delivery and stops again.

Overall, it is in time of delivery, not much quicker than a 56k modem.

Is this normal or is there something to chase up with Talk Talk?

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I suggest yo go to Speedtest.net :

http://www.speedtest.net/ And make a note of the result. Then contact your ISP by phone if the result is low. For example I am on a "Up to 8Mbps" contract with Talk Talk. A couple of months ago I was getting about 5.5 - 6 Mbps. It suddenly dropped to below 1Mbps. It turned out to be a fault at the local exchange to do with LLU. I am now getting 9.5 - 10 Mbps - not bad against a 8Mbps contract. Do have your phone line and connections checked. What speed is your friend signed up for?

Like this post
cocteau48

Likes # 0

You can get excellent help from TalkTalk by posting your problem on their Members Forum enter link description here.

Members of their technical staff monitor the forum on a regular basis and can make changes on your behalf. You may,for example,require a change of profile which they can do for you on the spot,asking you to monitor its success or failure,and change it back if it does not work.

I have not had to use them for many months but found them to be very helpful in the past.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Sounds like an exchange problem. If it persists inform TalkTalk, they may want some test results before contacting BT.

I would also suggest that different browsers are tried, and see if the problem remains the same.

Like this post
Legslip

Likes # 0

Thanks people. I will try your suggestions over the weekend and report developments.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014