We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

watching iplayer etc on a TV

nam_rahs

Likes # 0

Is there anyway to set up a TV to watch iplayer & itvplayer, what extra kit would be required.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

AFAIK, you'd need an Internet-connected TV that supports those services - many new ones do. The alternative is to hook your PC/laptop up to your TV and use the TV as an external monitor. Most modern TVs have a VGA port that'll allow you to do that.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

You could also use a PS3, XBox or Wii.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Virgin TV boxes allow iplayer to be watched on TV. An iPad connected to a TV allows iplayer and itv player to be watched.

Like this post
nam_rahs

Likes # 0

Thanks to all for the response to my query. I have been told of a device sold by Maplins called Home Theatre, which I am looking into. Not sure how it works or how to install. Thanks again.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...