We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

blurry resolution

chelle35
Resolved

Likes # 0

my son was given a computer and it needed formatting which did bought a new graphics card installed it and the screen is all blurred cant change screen size or change it from 4bit to 32 bit but can in safe mode someone told me if i changed it in safe mode that it would stay like that when i returned to normal mode but it doesnt any ideas

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Have a look at it in Device Manager, see if it needs the drivers re installing

Like this post
chelle35

Likes # 0

did that already it says it is fine i even uninstalled driver and reinstalled it and still same

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

does it show "Generic Driver" or the driver for the new graphics card?

Like this post
chelle35

Likes # 0

the new graphics card

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Have you tried re seating the card?

Like this post
chelle35

Likes # 0

i have took it out restarted without it in and put it back cant put it in any other slots as it wont fit but have took it out and uninstalled it and reinstalled

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

Are you using the correct resolution for the monitor?

Like this post
chelle35

Likes # 0

its a tv/pc monitor and it works fine on my other comp but in safe mode i can change that and it recognises 32 bit but in normal mode it wont change at all and there is no other to change it to but 4 bit

Like this post
Les28

Likes # 0

Just an idea but did the computer originally have a graphics card and for some reason you have replaced that card with another one, or was there no graphics card originally, graphics originally running from an onboard graphic chip on the motherboard, which may need disabling in the bios settings for the card to function properly.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Does it work Ok with the graphics card removed.And just using on board Graphics.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow