We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Outlook/mail merge for labels

Cara2

Likes # 0

Am following step by step wizard, starting from Word 2007, using Mail Merge wizard and data from my Contacts list.

Can follow steps, but must be omitting a stage as when I merge as the pages are blank.

Anything obvious spring to mind? I am really irritated with myself repeating the process but ending up with a blank page!

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Feel like this is a lost cause at the moment as tried but no success as yet. However, I intend to put my brainy head on tomorrow and give it another go.

Thanks again for all suggestions.

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Thanks for help. Have muddled my way through and have a better understanding of how to mail merge.

However ... printing labels produces blank labels - always in the same position.

All contacts I require a label for are ticked but not all print.

Any idea why this might be?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I suspect that this is a problem where we cannot help by remote eg we would need to see the system. Did you try switching between print and weblayouts, etc?

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Yes! My guess is that each blank represents an address that you don't want a label for but don`t quite understand why it's always in the same position.

I would normally export the contacts into Excel as a .CSV file and then use that file as the data source rather than the contacts file. Then you can add a column to exclude an address and enter an "X" into it. A simple Word Rule inserted "Skip Record If .." (That column/row contains an X) will do just that. You insert that right at the start of the first Label.

Post back if that's not enough of an explanation!

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Thanks again. No, have not tried switching between print and web layout, I must admit naughty, but I will.

I am printing the entire contact list, and all ticked so, no I am not omitting any addresses which might leave blanks.

Am feeling a little 'woolly headed' at the moment, so will have another go later and report back.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide