We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

iTunes or Media Player now that Im getting an iPhone..??

hawthorn59

Likes # 0

Im getting an iPhone in a few weeks, and I will use it occasionally for music. Do you recommend that I use iTunes exclusively from then on, or just to transfer my music to the iPhone?

At the moment Im using Windows Media Player. My nephew, who also has an iPhone, prefers Media Player in general and just uses iTunes to transfer music to the iPhone, he doesnt like it for general use at all. I doubt if I will be purchasing much music from iTunes store.

I suppose this is a sort of iTunes or WMP question....I know there is no definite answer to that but Id be interested to hear comments anyway.

thanks

h

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

How would you transfer your music without iTunes..???

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

I am not really sure what your question is? You will need iTunes to sync the phone etc but what you use as your media player is entirely up to you. If you prefer WMP then use it. iTunes will ask on install if you want to use it as your default player,you simply tick the no box,or whatever is required,and continue to use WMP.

Like this post
hawthorn59

Likes # 0

Yes I'll have to use iTunes for transferring music. I suppose I was asking now that Im going to have to install it, should I use it as my media player ALSO, instead of WMP. I know its personal choice, but it probably would be handier to use iTunes only. Thats IF its as goof as WMP; nephew swears it isnt!

thnx

h

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Then the simplest thing would be to try both and see what you think.You can always make what you decide as the default media player.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Don't believe people when they say you 'have to' use iTunes for transferring your music. Personally, I hate iTunes and the way it tries to hog everything, and have used Copy Trans Manager with great success. See here:

http://www.copytrans.net/copytransmanager.php

Like this post
hawthorn59

Likes # 0

Thanks guys for all the help! Copy Trans Manager looks very interesting!

BTW how do you mark a post "resolved" in this new look forum; I cant seem to find it!?

h

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

There is a tick,which when clicked on will turn green, to the right of your post.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...