We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problems using you own domain for email with Sky internet

cyberphobic

Likes # 0

I have had Sky internet (via landline) for about 6 months and have had no problems setting up email addresses using my own domains, using either Windows Live Mail or Outlook 2007. My domains are all with 1and1 and using the settings which they provide, it has all been plain sailing, as it was with my previous provider - Talk Talk. A friend has just moved to an area with Sky cable, and now that he has it up and running, he is being told by the Sky "technical helpline" that although he has his own business domain, it is not possible for him to have any email address other than one ending in sky.com. I cannot believe that this is the case, although I can well believe that Sky will make ir as difficult as they possibly can! Having a business email address ending in sky.com is just not an option for him, and he is currently having to rely on his blackberry until he can find a solution. There must be a work around for this, can anyone help please?

Like this post
cyberphobic

Likes # 0

Refresh - anyone help with this please?

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

I think what Sky are saying is that it is not possible for him to have any email address with Sky that is not sky.com.

That does not preclude him from other email addresses that are nothing whatsoever to do with Sky.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

This can be done but you need to authenticate the domains you own with Sky by logging into your mail account and adding e-mail addresses you own. The post on 8 January at 3.33pm best explains the procedure. Sky Forum

If available from 1&1 you can also use your own domains SMTP server instead of the Sky outgoing server.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'