We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how do i get arrows on the sides of excel worksheet

elsanta
Resolved

Likes # 0

only one of my workbooks has missing arows on the sides/corners and load with grey borders within the window frame. How did I lose them and how to get them back, please

Like this post
Picklefactory

Likes # 0

Do you mean the scroll bars, and what version of Excel do you have?

Like this post
elsanta

Likes # 0

Picklefactory. Thanks for reply. The scroll bars are OK. excel is 2000 probably standard

Like this post
Picklefactory

Likes # 0

Not sure what arrows you mean? What do these missing arrows do? The only ones I can think of are part of the scroll bars.

Like this post
elsanta

Likes # 0

Picklefactory. Thanks for reply. The scroll bars are OK. excel is 2000 probably standard

Like this post
elsanta

Likes # 0

If you hover mouse over the edge of the worksheet or in the corner, a double headed arrow appears. dragging this inwards will make a smaller page. It is then pssible to load a completly new worksheet side by side. However all I would like to do is get the double arrows to appear and drag outwards to fill the screen. I hope that makes sense. elsanta

Like this post
VoG II

Likes # 0

It sounds like you have the window maximised. Click the button immediately to the left of the red X close button (top right of the screen).

Like this post
elsanta

Likes # 0

Thanks VoG and picklefactory. I have tried full screen several times but that was not the problem, However playing around because of your suggestions I have found the double headed arrows ( I dont know how!!) but that is part of the mystery of computers/microsoft. Regards, elsanta

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...