We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA Site is too slow

Woolwell
Resolved

Likes # 0

Seems to be running in thick treacle this morning. I'm giving up until much later today.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

working ok now at 23.27 hours been slow/freezing up all day.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Not sure if this is going to be another weekend of discontent with the PCA website forums. But the site seemed to be responding well earlier on, now I am having the 'waiting for' problems that seems to have resurfaced within the past 20 minutes or so?.

That's on Google Chrome, its seems far worse on IE!.

Anyone else having same?.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Couldn't even connect until 10 minutes ago

Like this post
CFC23

Likes # 0

It's O.K. At the moment. But having said that it keeps hanging as I try to type!

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Muergo

"Nobody has said anything yet from the directorate!"

Perhaps they've come to the conclusion that all the protestations from them in the past hasn't worked. So the new tactic is to just sit back and wait until we blow ourselves out.

Either that or they're fed up trying to reply. When every time they try, all they get is...(on FF8)...a line of type at the bottom of the page, that say's...'waiting for pcadvisor'!?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

its gone again.Server busy it says in Firefox.

It's not just you! http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk looks down from here.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Maybe we should go on Strike On Wednesday along with all of the others for better conditions.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Agree - took me ages to post that it was slow!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Perhaps it will go on strike on Wednesday.

Someone seems to have given it indigestion tablets as it is ok now.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I have been back three times today, and it as been an hit and miss but not to bad affair, but now it seems far slower plus waiting for?.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks