We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA Site is too slow

Woolwell
Resolved

Likes # 0

Seems to be running in thick treacle this morning. I'm giving up until much later today.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 1

Who dug this thread up from November 21? It was slow yesterday, but have found that the Net is running slow at my end on TalkTalk 14 miles north west Sheffield. Both Yesterday and today

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 1

Ok PCA you have cracked it.Whatever you have done leave it the way it is now.

It has been a long time since it worked so well.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 1

Maybe we should have "sister" thread,

PCA site is quick today.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Maybe it would not get used that often to be worthwhile.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"Who dug this thread up from November 21?"

Guilty, m'Lud.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Even guiltier. But I don't think it was ever buried.

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

Hi, everyone.

Apologies if the site returned to slow speeds last weekend. We've investigated and it appears that the automatic, regular reboots we implemented at the end of last year had dropped off.

This has now been rectified, so we hope any slowness will be reduced from now on.

If the site does slow down it shouldn't last all weekend, as the reboots will fire it up again at regular intervals.

Simon Publisher, PC Advisor

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

simonjary

Thanks for letting us know what the problem was and that it has been fixed.

But as you can see this post has been running since 21st November not counting the problems that we had before that.

Is this going to be a permanent fix or can we still expect slow browsing at any time.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Returning back to this website a short time ago, I still seem to have a problem with pages opening a little slow?.

Like this post
cocteau48

Likes # 0

Yup ... progress indeed!

PCA is becoming one of the worst sites that I know for being up and down like the proverbial; yo-yo.

Never used to be like this.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014