We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA Site is too slow

Woolwell
Resolved

Likes # 0

Seems to be running in thick treacle this morning. I'm giving up until much later today.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

mooly - I put PCA into "Is it down for everyone or just me" and it reports PCA down.

Did the same few mins ago as I couldn't connect at all - got the same.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It has got significantly worse this week. The home page loads fairly ok but clicking on any of the links results in a long wait (long by internet standards).

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Now it's back up to speed!

Like this post  
buteman

Likes # 0

Obviously checking the system found no faults.But at least they know it is not working properly now.

Just a matter of waiting till they find the problem and sorting it out.

I have noticed if you click on the last post it does not open ,Just a blank screen with the original post at the top.Not sure if it is anything to do with it but thought that I would just mention it.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Flying now so I assume they found the fault.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Woolwell

Crazy isn't it... my notifications showed Matt Egan as having made 5 replies since I first posted this AM but I only saw 2 on the thread when I replied last.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

"I have noticed if you click on the last post it does not open ,Just a blank screen with the original post at the top" That has been happening for some time with certain threads and is quite irritating.

Like this post
cocteau48

Likes # 0

Superfast just at the moment.

Fingers crossed that it stays that way.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

buteman

"Just a matter of waiting till they find the problem and sorting it out".

But isn't it a case that its one problem after another since the new website appeared. When was that, 6 months or more ago, and things are still not right?.

Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad, if it wasn't a computer magazine who was running the website. Surely there is or should be enough experts who should be able to solve these problems in quick time?.

I have been with the PCA forums since the beginning, and this new website is the far worse and increased annoying it as ever been in all that time!.

Like this post
CFC23

Likes # 0

I agree that it is going well this afternoon,but must say that spuds has hit the nail on the head with that comment.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September