We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA Site is too slow

Woolwell
Resolved

Likes # 0

Seems to be running in thick treacle this morning. I'm giving up until much later today.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Hi mooly I have to agree with you whatever they are doing it is not working, same slowness nearly every day and no comments about when or if they are going to fix it.

I have noticed your absence lately and had wondered where you had disappeared to.

Always look forward to hearing your comments and hope you stay a bit longer this time.

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

Sorry about this, guys, it's a bit of a mystery. We've checked all the logs and gone over everything, and found no problems. And no-one had any issues at PCA Towers. Not to say that there isn't/wasn't a problem, just that it is proving difficult to pinpoint. The 'Media 1' issue Buteman refers to may have caused a minor problem while static images were being downloaded, but it has been resolved. We'll keep investigating, and in the mean time please accept our apologies.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Itr has taken ages to get in this morning so will have a browse now but will give up afterwards for the day.. far too unresponsive to use at the moment. Matt...3 responses all the same all in a row ????

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Matt, there were three responses in a row just now, but two have disappeared..very odd.

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

Irony or all ironies. At precisely the moment I posted, the site timed out. So I refreshed. Three times. The guys are looking into it now. As I say, a lot of head scratching. But we'll get there.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Matt Egan

The sites been playing up again for about a week now, and perhaps more so over the past few days. Within the past half hour, its become nearly impossible to work the site.

Your triple posting is an indicator as to one of the problems I am experiencing, and I have noticed others have had similar. Freezing and 'waiting for' seems to be another indicator that something is just not connecting, whether to server or something else. You try to post, then end up with a question mark, as to what is going to happen next?.

In all honesty, this new website is having more than its fair share of problems, and its perhaps showing by the lack of contributions and remarks being aired on a daily basis?.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Matt Egan

The sites been playing up again for about a week now, and perhaps more so over the past few days. Within the past half hour, its become nearly impossible to work the site.

Your triple posting is an indicator as to one of the problems I am experiencing, and I have noticed others have had similar. Freezing and 'waiting for' seems to be another indicator that something is just not connecting, whether to server or something else. You try to post, then end up with a question mark, as to what is going to happen next?.

In all honesty, this new website is having more than its fair share of problems, and its perhaps showing by the lack of contributions and remarks being aired on a daily basis?.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Matt Egan

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Matt Egan

I think many of us had a concern that the update to the site may well cause this sort of problem. The site has slowed considerably since the changes and I have noted a number of names that were regular posters have disappeared.

All a great shame in the name of progress.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Well there is a problem now this minute...

I have 10 (and this is another whinge) notifications in my inbox for posts to this thread since I last posted. Other forums manage with just one no matter how many post to a thread.

But anyhow it is taking around 90 seconds from clicking link in email to arrive here. I put PCA into "Is it down for everyone or just me" and it reports PCA down.

Come on PCA, computers/servers/web... it's what you are supposed to be all about.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...