We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA Site is too slow

Woolwell
Resolved

Likes # 0

Seems to be running in thick treacle this morning. I'm giving up until much later today.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Wobbly for me and when you click on the last posting time then it only shows the thread starters post. It's a known problem but FE can't reproduce it I believe.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Running smoothly now.

Still no private PM available. Bad!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Bad again today.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

It's not just you! http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk looks down from here.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Looks like they may have fixed it again.Working Ok at the moment.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

This website was playing up a little yesterday, and today its been slightly difficult to gain access?.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Maybe it's the thread notifier churning out all these multiple emails that slows it down ;)

How hard can it be to sort these forum problems out ? When I go to post this message it might sit there for a minute or so while it thinks about it. Sometimes I click PCA just to see whats going on and give up if nothing appears after half a minute or so.

Probably not much help but another forum I do use has a similar layout to this (same off the shelf software package maybe ?) and that's very user unfriendly too and slow.

All the other forums I use are quick, only send one email notifier until you visit the board and allow pictures/files etc to be uploaded (which would be a big help here in many cases).

Whinge over...

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Like wading through treacle again, and it's not even Sunday!

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Dire here. I'm going to the pub!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

There's been a lot of rain in my area and there is a lot of mud. perhaps the PCA servers are located nearby and have got bogged down. I'm giving up for today.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014